Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Updates - 3 weeks old!

Yesterday Miss Ava turned 3 weeks old! Almost seems as if it's been longer since the days ran together the first week. She's changing everyday though!

She had her first day to the beach last Sunday. She slept most of the day but put her little feet in the water a couple times. That night she also slept 8 hours! Had a sick kid and a hurt husband though later that evening and next day. All is well now. (except the hurt husband) Here's a couple pics from her first beach day:

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

She loves the water now. Didn't like her first bath so much but each one gets better and better. She likes when I take a bath with her and just hold her floating in the water. I think when she turns 6 months, I'm going to enroll her into baby swim classes.

She sleeps great. Usually 5-6 hours for a couple stretches each night. And she sleeps so soundly. Lately she's been cluster feeding so it's been a bit hard in the beginning of the night to get her down but it's getting better. The past couple days it feels like all she has been doing is nursing round the clock. Haven't been able to do anything because all she wants to do is nurse. But I know she is going through a growth spurt and she's just building my supply. She will even her feedings out again in a few days.

We decided we are going to start cloth diapering. We're going to ease into it. Just bought my first one today! Friday I'm going to get a couple more and we're going to try it a few days here and there. If we like it I'll get enough to build my stash. Then we'll do cloth at home and disposables out until we get the hang of it and cloth diaper full time. Hopefully I'll get experienced enough so that when we have our next and last baby, I can cloth diaper that one from the start!

Not sure what her weight is, I tried estimating it by weighing myself, then myself with her and last week, she was at least over 7.5lbs. I can def feel her getting heavier. She has an appointment next week so we'll see how big she's gotten.

Homeschooling is going great with the boys. They love it and are eager to learn. Ephram has been memorizing EVERYTHING and will sit there and study and practice until he gets it. It's exciting to see them so eager!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Hugs,
Heather

JoAnnC. said...

Avalea is just precious and sounds like you all are doing well! I read and re-read your post...you are such a good mother Cassandra~
I can't wait to see you guys, but life...and hurricanes seem to be getting in the way!
We're going to come see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I just stopped by to see if you'd posted new photos. Shes absolutely adorable and I really LOVE her name! :)