Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Daddy Thoughts: Labor Day

Yesterday started out like normal Monday work day. Got to work and started finishing up cases in my queue. Around 1:15 Cassandra came and picked me up to go to her Dr. appointment.

Sat there for a little while and finally saw the Dr. He gave us the news we'd been hoping for. Induction would begin that night in to the morning.

So, we headed back to the house to take the dogs to the in-laws and then hung out there for a little bit; as we didn't need to arrive at the hospital til 7pm.

We got settled in and the gave her the medication to soften the cervix around 8pm. Cassandra was already tired but knew she wouldn't be able to sleep, so they gave her a sleeping pill. I stayed up for a little awhile and watched 300 :)

Throughout the night she's been having contractions, so needless to say, we both kinda tossed and turned. Of course, I can't complain much for obvious reasons.

Feeling a little helpless right now since when she has them, she won't really respond to my questions. But, I understand.

It's about 8am now and they're about to take out the meds that soften her cervix; it had to stay in for at least 10-12 hours. So, now begins the "fun" part.

For those interested, you can follow the labor via my twitter account, where I'll give a play by play of what's happening today.

I can't wait to meet my baby girl.

UPDATE:
For those who didn't follow the twitters, here are some stats for Avalea Jo Baldovinos:

Time of birth: 12:31p
Weight: 6lbs 2oz
Length: 19 1/4 inch

And, here are some pictures:

twitpic.com/89v9
twitpic.com/89ve
twitpic.com/89vq
twitpic.com/89ym
twitpic.com/8a2s
twitpic.com/8bjj

2 comments:

Charlene McNab said...

CONGRATS!! I feel so special...No one else on TWW saw the pics. I followed Sal's link to twitter and saw pics of Avalea. She is so beautiful!!!!! She has the longest toes, too!

'Congrats you two. So excited for you.

Your TWW friend...
Char

JoAnnC. said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your "babymoon" Give the new mama a hug and kiss from us! Congrats proud papa!